Department of Social Service
Provide assistance to satisfy the immediate and long term needs of the disadvantaged and the needy members of the community in a supportive manner with a view to make them partners in national development.
- Payment of public assistance monthly allowance (PAMA).
- Supporting families living under the poverty line with self-employment grant.
- Providing support equipment & Vocational training to the disabled.
- Assisting the homes for the disabled. & Elder’s Day care centers
- Assisting people suffering from contagious diseases such as T.B, Leprosy, Cancer Thalassemia, and Kidney Assistance.
- Maintenance of the State Elders’ Home.
- Provision of maintenance grant to Elder’s Homes maintenance by NGOs and VSOs.
- Compensating families living under the poverty line whose property and belongings are damaged by disasters.
- Compensated for crop damaged by wild elephants.
Postal Address : Department of Social Service, Elders Home Complex, Kandy Road, Kaithady
General Telephone: 021 320 2464
Fax No. : 021 223 1725
|Director||Mrs. S. Vanaja||Direct: 021 223 1724|
Fax: 021 220 1725
|Accountant||Mrs. U.Ahila||Direct: 021 753 9146|
|Administrative Officer||Miss. T.Amirtha||Direct: 021 753 9145|
|SSO – Headquarters||Mr. N. Rajamanoharan||Direct: 021 320 2464|
|District Officer – Jaffna||Mr.V.Selvam||021 223 1713|
|District Officer – Kilinochchi||Mr.V.Thabendran||021 228 3363|
|District Officer – Mullaitivu||Mr.N.Thasaratharajakumaran||021 229 0392|
|District Officer – Vavuniya||Mr.S.Srinivasan||024 222 6328|
|District Officer – Mannar||Mr.J.Mariyappillai||023 205 1465|
|Superintendent – Kaithady Elders’ Home||T.Kirupaharan||021 205 7040|