Ministry of education, cultural affairs, sports and youth affairs
VisionCreation of new generation with the correct values, knowledge, innovation, discipline, attitudes and skills to meet the challenges existing in the Northern Province.
- To provide Education facilities for all children with school going age and ensure physical, mental, moral, cultural and social growth and development of them.
- To provide them with appropriate Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes expected in life.
- To increase the rate of school enrolment by giving effect to the “Education for All” policy prevailing in Sri Lanka.
- To promote life by educating the School – leavers through programmes of Non-formal Education and other related activities.
- To promote the Moral and Spiritual development of Youths and inculcate in them the values conducive to Communal Amity, Peace and Good Citizenship.
- To promote and preserve the Cultural Heritage of all communities in the Northern Province.
- To give encouragement to youths in the participation of all sports activities this will contribute to their Physical Development and Social behaviour.
- To develop youth’s personality and skills to participate fully in socio- economic development of the country.
- To improve quality and relevance of the vocational and technical training sector for creating a globally employable workforce.
- To enhance opportunities for youth to being a sustainable livelihood by creating an entrepreneurial culture among youth.
Postal Address : Chemmany Road, Nallur, Jaffna
General Telephone: +94-21-223 1343, +94-21-3202704
Fax No. : +94-21-2220794
e-mail: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Direct : +94-21-221 9259
|Senior Assistant Secretary||Mr.M.Patrick Diranjan|| Direct :+94-21-222 9673|
|Chief Accountant||Ms M. Sivakumary|| Direct :+94-21-222 2283|
Mobile: 077 959 5689
|Director of planning||Mrs.T.Jeyarajah|| Direct :+94-21-222 2237|
Mobile: 077 116 3703
|Accountant||Mr. R. Chandrathas|| Direct :+94-21-222 2283|
Mobile: 077 621 8396
|Assistant Secretary||Mrs.S.Sivapriya|| Direct :|
Mobile: 077 736 0783
|Assistant Secretary||Mr.S.Surendran|| Direct :+94-21-222 2203|
Mobile: 077 591 3125
|Deputy Director of Education (Administration)||Mrs.P.Abiramy|| Direct :+94-21-222 0037|
Mobile: 077 991 1757
|Administrative Officer||Mr. P.Rameshwaran|| Direct :021 222 0039|
Mobile: 077 651 1267