Provincial Department of Health Services
Dr. A. Ketheeswaran
Tel: 021 222 0811
Achieving attainable health status by providing curative, preventive promotive and rehabilitative healthcare services of high quality responding to peoples’ need fairly and equitably to contribute towards national health targets.
A community without disease burden contributing towards physical, mental and social wellbeing of the province.
- To establish and develop Health Surveillance and Information System at Provincial and district level.
- To ensure and organize curative health services of standard quality.
- To ensure the availability of comprehensive health services in each districts of Northern Province.
- To rehabilitate and reconstruct health facilities on priority basis.
- Improve the nutritional status of the vulnerable groups.
- To ensure the sustainability of projects and programmes.
- To promote health and quality of life by preventing and controlling disease, injuries and disabilities.
- To ensure the better financial management for the benefit of the health sector of province.
- To improve the capacity and proper deployment of competent Health care workforce.
- To coordinate and facilitate all stakeholders in the Health sector to achieve the national and provincial goals for health.
Co-ordinate the health activities among districts with all Regional Directors of Health Services.
- Ensure uninterrupted service delivery through the health institutions in the province by timely, adequate supply of Drugs, Dressings, Equipment and consumables.
- Ensure provision of primary health care services to the population in the province including the returnees and internally displaced population.
- Organize activities of prevention of communicable diseases such as Dengue, Malaria, TB, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) and Rabies.
- Co-ordinate with health policy matters at the provincial level and provide technical assistance in making decisions.
- Make link between Provincial Ministries, Provincial Authorities and Line Ministries.
- Ensure better financial management for the benefit of the health sector of the province.
- Organize ways and means of inventory control and ensure periodic board of surveys annually.
- Organize disposal of unserviceable and obsolete items and grant write off authority.
- Implementation, supervision, monitoring & evaluation of Annual Implementation Programme and other Capital Programmes.
- Ensure the quality services rendered by implementing quality assurance.
- Improve the clinical training facilities and ensure the regular staff training.
- Attend for the public complaints promptly and ensure the investigations and disciplinary actions are carried out properly.
- Make effort to fulfill the vacancies of the institutions.
- Maintain Health Sector Data Base (including sectoral atlas for the Health Sector, Northern Province)
- Create better environment to improve ability and efficiency of the health staff.
- Regulate private health sector facilities within the province and coordinate with Central Ministry.
Postal Address : Health Village, Pannai, Jaffna.
General Telephone: 0212220819
Fax No. : 0212220818
|Provincial Director||Dr.A.Ketheswaran||Direct: 021 222 0811|
|Deputy Provincial Director||Dr. A. Theleepan||Direct: 021220813|
|Consultant Community Physician||Dr.R.Kesavan||Direct: 0212217982|
|Chief Accountant||Mr.K.S.Kajenthiran||Direct: 0212220812|
|Deputy Director (Administration)||Mr. Constantine Jackseel||Direct: 0212220816|
|Mechanical Engineer||Eng. Anandanadarajah Abirajah||Direct: 0212220805|
|Civil Engineer||Eng.T. Premananthan||Direct: 0212216397|
|Civil Engineer||Eng.S.Sriskantharajah||Direct: 0212220838|
|Electrical Engineer||Eng.S.Varmila||Direct: 0212220819|
|Planning & Programming Officer||Miss.A.Jeyaranchini||Direct:0212220815|