Department of Provincial Land Commissioner
VisionTo achieve Sustainable development goals and socio-economic development with self -sufficiency in food production.
MissionSystematic alienation and development of state land in keeping with the norms of land utilization policy of the Government of Sri Lanka and environmental sustainability within Northern Province. Objectives
- To gather the data of state lands which are able to be distributed and then distribute the lands landless and to promote Economic development .
- By having Land Kachcheries regularizing settlement procedures of the people who encroached the state lands before 15.06.1995.
- Promoting sustainable production enhancement in LDO allotments.
- To provide state lands on long term lease and to increase the revenue of Northern Province Council.
- Expediting the process of Grant to allotters by improving State Land Information Management System.
- To ensure the land ownership of the people who lost their documents due to the abnormally in the past ,by issuing the documents again.
- Ensuring the land tenure transfer within family members in accordance with the Land Development Ordinance.
- Ensuring the holding is not subdivided less in extent than the unit of Subdivision permissible to enhance productivity.
- Protection of state lands coming under the purview of the Northern Provincial Council for future generation & development and government requirements.
- Capacity development of the staff for efficient service delivery.
Postal Address : No.59, Temple Road, Jaffna General Telephone: 021-221 1104 Fax No. : 021-222 0836 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Deputy Land Commissioner||Mrs.Kajani Barthipanemail@example.com|