A programme to strengthen the villages in Mannar district was launched on 11th December 2016 under the guidance of Fisheries Minister B.Deniswaran.
Several assistance were offered from the CBG 2016 allocation for Fisheries Minister to public organizations, preschools and religious centers. Representatives of the following organizations and institutions received assistance from the Minister at his sub office in Mannar.
1. For the renovation of Methodist Church of Parihari Kandal – Rs. 50,000/-
2. To make the barbed wire fence around Mannar Rehabilitation Centre – Rs. 50,000/-
3. To get electricity supply to Sri Ambal Muthumari Amman Kovil, Tharavan Kottai – Rs. 21,000/-
4. To get electricity supply to Ruby Preschool, Illuppaikadavai – Rs. 22,000/-
5. To get electricity supply to Eruvittan Women Rural Development Organization – Rs. 22,000/-