To provide equal opportunities for unprotected children ,victims of abuse and children in conflict with the law ,while creating favorable environment for them through protection of child rights by providing legal, financial, physical and technical assistance.
- Ensuring the legal protection for vulnerable child.
- Assisting the Court to make probation order.
- Providing and facilitating the foster care system for vulnerable child.
- Providing rehabilitation and re-socialization of child offenders and providing vocational training for child offenders and institutionalized child.
- Providing psycho-social support for vulnerable child.
- Taking measures to lessen and prevent the number of children likely to breakdown in life due to poverty or other social requirements and preventing the child labor.
- Taking very lenient and mitigated judicial actions in respect of children; and providing requisite service to needy child.
- To take measures for the protection of victims of child abuse and to obtain court order for residential protection for orphaned or deserted child or victims of child abuse;
- To create an awareness, of the right of a child to be protected from abuse and the methods of preventing child abuse and to conduct research relating to prevention of child abuse;
- To take appropriate steps for securing the care and protection of needy child and to provide counseling to children not obedient to their parents, irregular to school, stubborn and engaged in anti-social activities;
- To establish provincial, district or divisional committees and sub-committee thereof to combat the child abuse;
- To receive complaints from the public relating to child abuse and where necessary, to refer such complaints to the appropriate authorities;
- To provide emergency and other assistance to the child and to admit the needy child to the institutions which provide child care services;
- To facilitate for the reunification of institutionalized children with their families and provide assistance;
- To support and facilitate the adoption of child;
- To hire the service of the legal professional and non-legal professional;
- In relation to a child who is a suspect, offender or in need of care or protection;
- To issue license or certificate to the institutions which provide child care services or to grant approval to any service and to supervise and monitor the institutions which provide child care services;
- To charge or levy any fees for rendering service to the institutions which provide child care services;
- To undertake the supervision of the offender and to see that the conditions stipulated in the order under Probation of offenders Ordinance No 42 of 1944 are fully and strictly observed ;
- To visit or receive reports from the offender at such intervals as may be specified in the order, or, subject thereto, as the officer may think fit;
- To prepare such periodical reports relating to the behavior and progress of the offender ;
- To advise, assist and befriend the offender under his supervision, and where necessary, to Endeavour to secure employment and lodging accommodation for him;
- To submit all such information relating to the character, antecedents, environment and mental or physical condition of the offender to the court;
- To prepare a report to the court as to the suitability of the case for supervision under probation and as to the question whether the supervision of the offender can be undertaken by the Probation Officers;
- To formulate necessary rules of internal administration of the Department;
- Generally, to do all such other things as are necessary to achieve the objects of the Department.
( Forms which are used by the Probation Officers regularly)