Facilitate, empower, mobilize of Rural vulnerable people for socio, cultural and economic development towards an improved quality standard of living at the Villages in line with the national development policy of Sri Lanka.
- Facilitating to establish and updated strengthen rural development societies for men & women in villages of Northern Province.
- Assisting to women empowerment and their participation in development activities through women development centers and women rural development societies.
- Monitoring and Reviewing income generating small scale projects carried out by societies.
- Conducting vocational training programmes in collaboration with other institutions.
- Providing leadership and other relevant training programmes for society members and officers respectively.
- Creating marketing facilities and networks.
- Oversee the overall general & financial management of the Provincial, District & Divisional offices.
- Providing financial assistance to the Societies and Women Development Centers and ensure proper utilization through reporting & review.