Co-operative movement promoted and empowered for socio, economic and cultural growth in Five Districts of the Northern Province.
Facilitate and promote Co-operative values by sharing socio, economic resources among the people to promote Co-operative services and contribute to the human development based economy.
- Organization and Registration of Co-operative Societies.
- Supervision of Co-operative societies and providing necessary advises and guidance to the societies in the provision of services essential for community life.
- Auditing of co-operative societies.
- Performance of statutory functions such as the settlement of disputes, the holding of inquiries, conducting investigations, inspections of co-operative societies and liquidations of cancelled societies.
- Training and development of co-operative development officers, co-operative employees and cooperators via exhibition, training classes, short term courses and publicity meetings and efficiency bar examinations.
- Work in close co-ordination with ministries and agencies engaged in development work and act as liaison between co-operative societies and such ministries / agencies.